Sunday, January 1, 2012

Day 1 - what the heck does irtia mean?

Obviously, it's an abbreviated version of "I rant, therefore I am". When I was pregnant with my first daughter, I was co-teaching a class and sharing a classroom with a woman who became a very good friend. Mind you this was before I'd actually given birth, given birth again 15 mos. later and therefore my pre-Prozac, Zoloft, Wellbutrin, Paxil days. I would come into our classroom every morning, slam the door and proceed to scream the word "fuck" and then rattle off the driving offenses etc. that I'd encountered on my way to work. This went on for a while. Finally, one morning, I came into my room to find a little cartoonish character with the phrase, "I rant, therefore I am" stapled onto the bulletin board next to my desk. Needless to say, I fell in love with my friend all over again. I left that up for the rest of my years of teaching. I've never forgotten it.

I decided last week to try to challenge myself to creating a new blog with a plan to blog every single day for 2012 just to see if I can pull it off. The title, came easily. Ranting is something I do best. I can only say, to give you some hope as you read...as I've gotten a little older, I'm only 43, I at least try to find some meaning, a lesson, or a nugget that is to lead me to gratitude in my rants, but goodness...the ranting at least beats the alternative....my doing bodily harm to my real (and probably occassionally imagined) offenders!

Happy new year...as I've said on my FB page and in texts today, may 2012 bring you what you need, and THEN what you want!

May your day be better than you hoped and thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment